Friday, April 06, 2012

Image: Next Up Baltimore










This is for the guy I had lunch with today who mentioned how much he enjoys these images.

Most of the images I have from the archive are stamped with the month and date, generally in red as we all remember.  This month and year represents the date the roll was processed yet more often than not there must be many instances when the images on the roll we taken over a space of time different than the date stamp might imply.   Also, the roll may have sat unprocessed until the travellers returned home.  I comment on this because occasionally you get a break and can identify the date of an image quite accurately which is the case in this image (which comes from a set taken around Manhattan in 1968).  I've named all these images assuming they come from September 1968 which is what the stamped date tells me; however, if you look closely at this image of the (now) old Yankee Stadium you can see that they will be playing Baltimore on August 6th.  I wonder if they won; and, I am sure someone could look that up.

The image is dirty for which I apologize but then so is that jet spewing exhaust and thankfully we don't see that as much anymore.  Can anyone identify the red delivery van?

Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.


In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

1 comment:

Merrilee said...

I think it's August 5th, and Baltimore won. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=196808050NYA