Friday, September 30, 2011

Reclining Buddha - Bangkok

Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.

This is the important end of the reclining Buddha at Wat Po in Bangkok.  Timeless; but for the record this image is dated to 1998 which is when I visited Thailand for the first time since the early 1970s. Wat Po is a fantastic complex of temples and iconography and one of the first places tourists go on their visits to Bangkok.

My first stop is a slight deviation however.

There is also a Thai massage school (Wat Po Thai Traditional Medical and Massage School) where for a ridiculously small amount of Bhat you can get a really great Thai massage from someone who knows what they are doing.

Sawadee krup.

In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

I now have an iPad version of this book for sale ($4.99) on the Blurb site which you can find here: STORE

I have to say, even on the iPad the book looks pretty good.

No comments: