Thursday, July 22, 2010

Carwash: Broadway and Houston 1991

Car Wash, Broadway & Houston New York 1991
A weekly image from my archive. Click on the image to make it larger.

I've always loved this image. The color seems to pop as though it was back lit. It was a 'turn and shoot' photo and the only frame I took of the subject.

The car wash stood at the corner of Broadway and Houston and I was standing 100 yards away on Lafayette. The two workers seem to be staring right at me as though I've somehow interrupted them. Or may be they're suspicious? This business is no longer there and in its' place is an Adidas sports store. I prefer the car wash.

1 comment:

Eugene G. Schwartz said...

This is worth enlarging -- no graphic designer could possibly have produced a more elegantly eclectic and colorful display. Thanks for sharing your album-- you should do a book.

Gene