With respect to my consulting activities, I continue to pursue engagements where the client focus is either on growth or efficiency (and some times both). Typically, the CEO and/or the board are seeking help to make a step change in their growth of revenue. Sometimes the opportunity has been identified but the implementation and execution planning for that opportunity is unclear.
My most recent project has been to conduct a technology assessment, vendor selection and review for a $600mm educational publisher which is looking to replace core technology solutions in its back office. This work came as a result of my Publishing Technology report I completed last year.
I have undertaken strategy projects both as a consultant and operations executive where the execution of a defined strategy has been very successfully implemented and I enjoy the success of these projects. In other instances, the opportunities are unclear in which case exploratory work (including market research and internal staff focus groups) is undertaken over 4-6 weeks (typically) where the deliverable is a facilitated workshop with key staff and stakeholders to develop proof of concept ideas. The next phase is a longer product development and proof of concept effort which can last several months.
Following is a partial list of some of the consulting work I've undertaken. Please reach out to me to discuss any particular problems, issues or opportunities you are dealing with and we will see if we can work up a solution. (908) 938 4889
- AARP – Market assessment, financial modeling and market definition for new membership service offering
- Membership association – Business process reengineering to support new education and assessment delivery
- Private equity client – Due diligence review, staffing and operational efficiency planning for prospective deals
- Hewlett-Packard – Subject matter expert and market entry and development strategy
- InterPublic Group – WW technology assessment, capabilities audit and technology planning
- Klopotek AG – Sales effectiveness review. Sales refocus and market entry planning. Corporate development
- Book Industry Study Group – Supply chain efficiency review focused on eBook identification and standards