OCLC recently announced how much their efforts to include access to publishers content has developed. Here from their press release:
An expanding collection of authoritative content from leading academic publishers is now accessible through WorldCat Local, the OCLC discovery service that offers users integrated access to electronic, digital and physical library materials.
WorldCat Local provides access to more than 750 million items, including books, journals and databases from international publishers; the digital collections of groups like HathiTrust, OAIster and Google Books; open access materials; as well as the collective resources of libraries worldwide through WorldCat.
OCLC continues to negotiate access to critical library content on behalf of the cooperative to ensure access to libraries’ most popular resources. To view a full list of the nearly 1,200 databases and collections available through WorldCat Local, visit the website.
Databases recently added to the WorldCat Local central index include:
- American Psychological Association: PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycCRITIQUES
- Alternative Press Center: Alternative Press Index, Alternative Press Index Archive
Content providers that will soon add databases to the WorldCat Local central index include:
- Accessible Archives
- Oxford University Press
- Taylor & Francis
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Databases now available in WorldCat Local through remote access:
- Gale: Contemporary Authors, ¡Informe!, Making of Modern Law, Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- EBSCO: ATLA Religion Database ™ with ATLASerials ™ , PsycEXTRA, PsycINFO
- H. W. Wilson: Book Review Digest Retrospective: 1905-1982, Essay & General Literature Index Retrospective
WorldCat Local now offers vendor record sets from:
- ProQuest: ProQuest U. S. Executive Branch Documents, 1910-1932
- ProQuest: Gerritsen Collection of Women’s History, 1543-1945 (six collections in varying formats)
- Cassidy Cataloguing: Lexis I – E-treatises
The WorldCat Local search experience also grows richer with the ongoing addition of article-level metadata to WorldCat.org. When this metadata is added to WorldCat.org, it is automatically made part of WorldCat Local. Article-level metadata for the following resources have been added recently to WorldCat.org:
- ISIS Current Bibliography of the History of Science
- Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine
For more information, visit the WorldCat Local website.