Friday, December 28, 2012

London Christmas 1993


Christmas decorations in London generally don't match NYC and the tree in front of the National Gallery in Trafalgar square usually looks very lonely.  In addition, in the years following the mid-nineties there were some unpleasant events on new years eve which prompted the authorities to close off the square in the run up to the end of the year.  So the square can be a desolate place in early winter.  On a more positive note, traffic has been diverted around the square since this picture was taken so cars and buses no longer pass between the museum and the monument and so tourists don't risk death in their rush to feed the pigeons.  Why anyone would want to do that in the first place is beyond me.

In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

I now have an iPad version of this book for sale ($4.99) on the Blurb site which you can find here: STORE    

No comments: