Saturday, June 09, 2012

Park Court Hotel - Grand Dads Pile.

Park Court Hotel, Cheetham Hill, Manchester 1972

This was one of my grand father's bed and breakfast hotels and on travels back to England we stayed here a few times.  As was typical of the time, most of the rooms had their own electricity meter and I remember that you had to feed this meter 50pense coins if you wanted the heat on.  Grand Dad used to send us to bed with a bag of coins in case we got cold at night.  Can you imagine checking into a hotel and then having to pay for your own heat?

In this photo, there's some frost on the grass out front but in summer it was a nice lawn and I mowed it a few times.  It may be the only lawn I've ever mowed come to think of it.

Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.

In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

No comments: