Friday, May 11, 2012

Shining Star of Hong Kong Harbor

This image from September 1969 as the family was in the process of heading from Bangkok to new digs in Auckland, New Zealand.

No trip to Hong Kong even now should be complete without at least one trip over the harbor on one of the famous Star ferries.  Still ridiculously cheap, it's the only way to take in the city skyline and all the hustle and bustle on the water.  I am fairly certain that housing has spread mostly up and over that ridge in the background.





Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.


In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

No comments: