Since November 2009, BISG’s ongoing Consumer Attitudes Toward E-Book Reading survey has been tracking the habits and preferences of print book buyers who say they have acquired an e-book or dedicated e-reading device within the past 18 months. Companies can use the information gathered in Volume Two, Report 3 of 4 to understand:
- How did e-books and e-readers fare after the 2010 holiday season?
- Are e-book sales driving increases or decreases in overall book revenues?
- What do Power Buyers (those who acquire e-books at least as often as weekly) prefer to use for reading e-books?
- What devices are they planning to buy in the near future?
- Where are consumers buying their e-books?
- How are customers using e-readers versus tablets?
- Which digital devices are most popular with readers, and why?
- What features are consumers seeking in the next generation of e-books and digital reading devices?
- What factors will shape the evolution of this market for the next few years?