Friday, December 15, 2023

Spear Fishing in Tahiti

Spear Fishing in Tahiti, 1974

I've only a vague idea where this is but the series is interesting. This fisherman is first seen standing on the shore, then we see him launch this spike into the surf and pull out this purple, blue and grey fish. Looking at his spear it seems like he couldn't miss however there's probably more to it than that.

I've dim recollection of my father traveling to New Caledonia, Fiji and Tahiti for business development in the mid-1970s and in the set of three rolls of film there are a lot of pictures of beaches and shots from aircraft but no identifiable landmarks. This one could be anywhere but I'm guessing Tahiti.

Originally posted July 15, 2011

(Subsequently, my father told me he followed this guy around for ages to see if he would catch something - which he did).

No comments: