Thursday, January 20, 2011

Juliet on St Mark's Place

Juliet on St Mark's Place, New York June 1991
A weekly image from my archive. Click on the image to make it larger.
The frame immediately preceding this one is without the girl but she makes this photo. Taken on St Mark's Place just off 3rd Avenue in June 1991, I don't even know if this building is there anymore. I think the place was some kind of community center although I'm not sure. You can see the tracings of the original windows which seems to indicate that there may be some large rec space behind that wall.

In addition to the girl it is the purple door that originally caught my eye as I walked up the street. I can only image what the color scheme inside must have looked like if the building was blue and the rooms were purple.

Join me on Flickr

No comments: