Speakers and topics include:
The first part of the conference will feature the latest data from multiple industry sources. Confirmed speakers and session topics include:
- Leigh Watson Healy, Chief Analyst, Outsell
A Time of Great Change: Insights from Top Publishing Executives on the Future of our Business
- Mike Shatzkin, Founder & CEO , The Idea Logical Company
The Publishing Climate 2009: Publishers Wrestling with Change
- Jim King, SVP & General Manager, BookScan US
The Retail Perspective: What’s Up? What’s Down?
- Kelly Gallagher, General Manager, Business Intelligence, R.R. Bowker
The Customer’s Always Right: Who Is Today’s Book Consumer?
- Dominique Raccah, Publisher & CEO, Sourcebooks, Inc.
Business Unusual: Rethinking the Publishing Enterprise in Response to Changing Times
- Marcus Leaver, President, Sterling Publishing
The New Marketing Budget: Breaking Traditional Marketing Allocations to Build a More Effective Model
- Josh Marwell, President of Sales, HarperCollins
The 21st Century Catalog: A Look at HarperCollins’ Initiative to Shift from Print to Digital Catalogs
Squeezing the Most Sales from Non-Book Accounts: Tactics for Working with Inexperienced Buyers in Mass Merchant and Other Non-Book Accounts