Among the policies they are implementing are the following:
- Institution of a hiring freeze, resulting in a reduction of ABA staff by 5-1/2 FTE (full-time equivalents) -- or 12 percent -- achieved through attrition.
- Implementation of a total wage freeze.
- Suspension of ABA contributions to the association's 401(k) and SEP plans.
- Elimination of all discretionary travel.
- Elimination of all discretionary spending unless prior approval from the CEO or COO is obtained.
- Increased implementation of web-based communication and webinars for delivery of ABA education programs.
- Cancellation of ABA's annual spring forum schedule.
- Revamping of the group medical benefit, with a move to a higher deductible and the implementation of a Health Savings Plan.