Please contact Kristen (not me) if you are interested in this position. Please forward this to anyone you think could be interested. You can also find this job on linked in.
Editor in Chief – Week’s Best
Contact: krisrecruit @ gmail.com
Founded by Louis Borders (founder of Borders Books & Music and Webvan) and Michael Cairns (former President of R.R. Bowker), “Week’s Best” is a professionally produced, multimedia publication delivering relevant, high quality, topic specific content to subscribers on a customized schedule. Covering as many as 1,000 individual topic titles, each title will be produced by a recognized “Expert Producer”. A typical Expert Producer might be a respected website blogger or magazine publisher that has a deep understanding of the topic. On a daily basis, the Expert Producer will select the best content from a corpus of article and multimedia material published by well known branded sources.
Each Week’s Best title will be recognized for its direct, relevant and accessible content. The free email subscription to a Week’s Best title will provide considerable time savings, and it will also provide access to content from broader content sources that might otherwise be missed.
Week’s Best, which will launch with 10-20 topic titles, plans to grow rapidly over the next three years and targets between 500 – 1,000 titles in English. (Other languages will follow).
The Week’s Best Editor-in-Chief will report to the Week’s Best CEO.
• Lead and mentor a team of creative, editorial professionals for this new media publishing division.
• Annual planning and budgeting responsibility and experience managing monthly departmental expenses.
• Define and implement an aggressive publication schedule.
• Support CEO in recruitment of “Expert Producers” supporting publication schedule.
• Implement editorial guidelines and standards for internal and external staff, including application guidelines for taxonomy rules and their correct observance within the Week’s Best context.
• 10+ years of progressively responsible roles in traditional and internet publishing.
• Online publishing and/or digital publishing experience in a management role or senior operating level is required.
• Experienced in delivery and execution of complex content products with a top tier branded content company(ies).
• Highly skilled thought leader who has built an exemplary reputation and garnered the respect of peers.
• Passion for and identification with digital media publishing.
• Decisive, excellent business judgment, energetic, and charismatic.
• Strong strategic planning skills and the ability to develop with the co-founders a bold vision for Week’s Best.
• Understanding of the capabilities and trends in digital media technology.
• Bachelor’s degree required: Journalism, Communications or Writing/English degrees a plus.