Tuesday, January 15, 2008

LiveMocha Update

I wrote recently on a social networking approach to language learning which I thought we quite innovative. LiveMocha, the site I looked at had launched at an innovators conference in September last year and the company just announced they have received over $5mm in equity funding to expand the business. Noted in the announcement is that the lead investor is Maverson which is the vc firm of Starbucks founder Howard Schultz.

Seattle Post

Prior Post

(I am personally interested in this due to my work at Berlitz many years ago).

1 comment:

Jon Bischke said...

We're launching something at eduFire.comthat has some similarities to LiveMocha but is fairly different. Services like LiveMocha and Mango are really good at getting to some point of fluency but to get to the next level we've found that personalized instruction is required and are hoping to make that a lot more fun and inexpensive.